Wix and WordPress are two big names of the internet. Wix is a website builder that has risen in fame fairly recently, while WordPress is a content management system or CMS. That goes to say that they are both quite different from one another.
In this short article, we’ll review the Pros and Cons of both platforms to give you a quick review.
- It is easy to use. You only drag and drop things into their trays to get your website started. If you’re a non-technical person, you can easily design your website without any prior coding knowledge.
- In case you run into a problem, you can always count on the support team of Wix.
- Besides that, for eCommerce, it comes with all the necessary sales features.
- There are very limited website features as compared to WordPress.
- You have less control over your website. You can only do things on the surface and not go deeper.
- There are limited resources for bloggers.
- It is aimed at both non-technical persons and technical experts. However, even non-technical persons will have to learn a few bits before starting off.
- There are millions of WordPress templates available online. You can choose and install from them and just customize your website’s looks with a few clicks.
- It is a must for bloggers because it has pretty much everything a blogger could ask for. The comment section, for example.
- You can run into a problem that might be new and you might need professional help from coders.
- Although there are many secondary and tertiary blogs and guides, WordPress itself does not offer any support.
- You’ve to install an eCommerce plugin if you want to build a website like that.
Wix or WordPress, the choice is yours. However, by keeping the above-mentioned pros and cons of both platforms in mind, you can make a better decision.